It's January, the traditional time for people to make resolutions for the upcoming year. Most people resolve to lose weight, exercise more, or finally take that trip to Europe. I can't recall the last time I heard someone make a resolution about their credit. Actually, I don't think I've ever heard anyone do that. Here are a few suggested resolutions for you.
- Pay down the balances on my high interest cards.
- Get my interest rate reduced.
- Transfer my balance to a better card if my current bank won't reduce my rate.
- Figure out if my rewards card really rewards me, and if it doesn't, switch to one that does.
- Use my credit cards responsibly.
I could go on and on, but the list needs to end somewhere. Take the ones that apply to you. I just hope you're more successful at keeping them than most people are about the weight loss resolution.